Web Developer / UX Designer
The world is in need of great companies to solve the many significant problems within the real estate and housing industry. These companies, however, do not yet exist. Join our extraordinary team at R-LABS and help co-found them. Be a part of a catalyst for innovative venture opportunities in the $200 trillion real estate industry, help us transform crisis into opportunity and, in the process, elevate to the best version of you. If you are passionate about elevating the user experience and interface to further engagement with a collective mission, this is the Web Developer / UX Designer role for you.
Who we are
R-LABS (“Our Labs”) is a partnership of innovative corporations and game-changing entrepreneurs focused exclusively on problems in real estate and housing. Through our proprietary venture building platform, R-LABS co-creates and helps cultivate companies with new business models, to generate a positive impact on the community and build considerable value. R-LABS=Return on Society + Return on Investment.
The only one of our kind, R-LABS is the real estate industry’s venture-builder. Innovation is a crucial part of our operation, and is central to our ecosystem focused on making a sustainable high impact. We are a start-up factory, launching and supporting fast-moving companies that benefit from our expertise, networks, funding and leadership. Real estate and housing are essential to everyone, but have complicated challenges that require innovative action. We draw upon granular insights and deep knowledge to address the many interrelated industry problems to bring about transformative change.
We’re looking for self-starters, critical thinkers and initiative takers to join our dynamic team of leaders. Innovation is in our DNA. If it’s in yours, join us in making a difference in the way great companies are built and major problems in real estate and housing are solved.
Who you are
As our new Web Developer / UX Designer, you will play an essential role in launching ventures as you translate business vision into words and visual design. This is an opportunity for someone who has evolved from static, 2D images to create dynamic, interactive landing pages, delightful splash pages, and attractive websites. You will design the interface and workflows of products and platforms built by R-LABS and our ventures to optimize the user experience and our growth. You will draw on your creative and analytical insights to solve complex problems, thinking about the big picture as well as the details.
What’s in it for you
Innovation. The real estate and housing industry is expansive and full of economic opportunity, with a tremendous number of problem domains being addressed by our companies. At R-LABS, we’re providing the framework and the connections that nurture an entrepreneurial environment for innovators to explore and uncover the solutions the industry needs. Those joining us will gain an incredible amount of exposure into the innovative methods problem-solving in real estate can be undertaken.
Impact and empowerment. We are a purpose-driven company, building great companies that are improving the future in real estate and housing. We live by the mantra, “Batteries included.” To us, that means our people don’t just point out the problems or grind to a halt when they make mistakes, it means we push harder, go further, and come up with the fix. This is a place where your authentic self, your voice, and your ideas are welcomed.
You will focus on:
- Developing insights. You will work with the venture team, entrepreneurs-in-residence (EIR) and co-founders to understand business goals and objectives. You will partner with the growth hacker and marketing teams to analyze trends and audiences. You will stay up to date on the latest tools and modern approaches.
- Creative and practical translation. You will interpret user feedback to conceive, design and develop captivating interface designs that are thoughtful and engaging. You will communicate design concepts through the creation of user personas, user journey maps, wireframes, mockups and other UX frameworks, generating splash pages, landing pages, and websites.
- Attract attention and foster engagement. You will plan and conduct user research through surveys, focus groups, and landing page tests, gather and analyze data, and evaluate feedback to gain insights into the needs and experiences of our users. You will craft engaging copy and content for the target audience that adheres to established brand guidelines (fonts, colours, images, etc.)
- Collaborate, iterate, and share knowledge. You will manage the design process from planning to final execution, including the creation, maintenance and delivery of current and future landing pages, websites, presentations and artifacts. You will implement and educate the team on UX and web design principles and best practices. In addition, you will contribute graphic design ideas and support where needed, including pitch decks and other sales collateral.
You will bring:
- The education and experience. You are a creative and innovative problem-solver with a background in design or technology and 3+ years of experience in Front End, Web, or UX design. You have skills in both copywriting and graphic design that align with creating web and user experiences and presentations that engage your targeted B2B audience. You have a portfolio of work that showcases a thoughtful design process. Please make sure to include a link or document illustrating your work to be considered for this role.
- The technical skills. You have experience untangling conceptual problems and UX best practices. You can create clear, intuitive interfaces with the user in mind, defending your choices and influencing group acceptance. You have proficiency with a creative and practical digital toolbox, including Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Mural, and WordPress as well as MS Office, Confluence, and JIRA.
- The growth mindset. You are eager to learn everything about our customers and how to optimize our products’ capabilities to meet their needs. You can independently conduct research to build your product and industry knowledge, probe for details, and seek perspectives from team members. You are continuously seeking the latest and best practices and taking ownership of producing high-quality work. You want to be mentored, coach others, and work as part of a collaborative, committed organization.
- The ownership. You hold yourself highly accountable for the impact of your work and decisions. You can balance multiple projects and deliverables. You embrace continuous change and exhibit the adaptability to work within realistic yet demanding deadlines.
- The project management. You are a self-starter, capable of creating a concept and seeing it through to completion with minimal supervision. You have a winning attitude and are motivated to always surpass set targets. You can manage all of the details, all of the twists, and all of the personalities without breaking a sweat. You can seamlessly adapt to changes in timelines, the business, or the industry. You have insights into tracking and analyzing market trends, and applying findings to optimize community engagement.
- The interpersonal skills. You have a well-tuned awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion priorities and issues. You can build trusting relationships and have a proven ability to thrive in an ambiguous role at a fast-paced company. You have exceptional communication skills and can diplomatically interact with stakeholders, clients, prospects, and industry experts.
At R-LABS, we believe that the best way to predict the future is to help create it. We work alongside leading entrepreneurs and innovators to identify problems in real estate and co-create purpose-driven companies. Through the science of company building and our venture building platform, we’re developing transformative solutions and driving meaningful change through the real estate and housing industry.
We build and cultivate start-ups, drawing upon years of industry expertise and leadership. We know how to develop successful companies, how to thrive in this space, and how to nurture growth and success not just of our ventures - but of our people.
If we bring you into the fold, you’ll have our trust and our support. You will be mentored and have the autonomy to make great things happen. We know mistakes will happen - to us that’s a sign of true creativity. The ability to rapidly recover, learn, and apply, is what we love about the entrepreneurial culture we foster here.
When you become a Labber, we’ll help you discover your strengths, the problems you’re most passionate about, and what role you will play in real estate innovation and building a better future. We know that when we combine our skills and knowledge, we can create exceptional purpose-driven ventures that positively impact the world around us. There is much good work to be done, together.
Our unique approach to venture building takes the right kind of mindset. We believe that a positive outlook, gratitude, and courage are the foundation for genuine partnerships and the key to changing the world for the better. If you share our values - Integrity, Appreciation, Collaboration, and Innovation, we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words and obligations at R-LABS. We are committed to going further, integrating these values into the way we work, who we work with, and above all, how we treat each other from our very first interaction. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest here. Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
You can learn more about our ventures, our partners, and our teams here.